Can you help LINK to “MAKE A DIFFERENCE?”
Many people depend on LINK for good neighbour support
CAN YOU HELP?
LINK volunteering is totally flexible and can fit in with your lifestyle and other commitments.
You can say how much time you can give, when you would like to give it and which of the wide range of “good neighbour” tasks LINK offers you would like to help with. We pay travelling expenses of 45 pence per mile. Some volunteers choose to gift aid part or all of their expenses whilst others claim the full entitlement.
Phone 07970 617617 now and “make a difference” today!
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
IT’S A SIMPLE PROCESS:
- Ring the LINK number, 07970 617617;
- Fill in an application form which I will send to you, or download here: Application Form General Volunteer.pdf
- Give us two references – people other than family who have known you for a while and send us two passport size photographs;
- I will visit and complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) application form with you, necessary for working with “vulnerable adults”;
- On receipt of references and your CRB check, the Chairman of LINK and I will bring you the LINK information pack (procedures, donation envelopes, hospital parking information, maps, helpline etc.);
- Agree with me the details of your availability to give to co-ordinators. Off you go with your LINK photo ID badge.
Reliability and discretion in preserving the absolute confidentiality of our clients.
It’s a great group of people to be working with and the appreciation of our clients is wonderful. So is the food at the annual volunteer’s training day and lunch!
I look forward to hearing from you or any of your local friends soon.
Volunteer Recruitment and Support Officer